Fire In Bethel

Flames heavily damaged a house on Windaway Lane in Bethel early Thursday morning. Three adults and a dog who were inside all were able to get out safely. Firefighters rescued a cat that was trapped inside on the third floor of the house. Volunteer firefighters in Bethel got the first call yesterday morning around 3:30. It’s believed that the fire started in the area of the living room, but the exact cause has yet been determined. While the flames were contained to mainly that room, the entire house suffered smoke damage.